Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Moab

So one of the things I forgot to mention in my previous post was out trip to Moab in April. I should've posted these back when it happened but I'm sure there a lot of things that I "should've" done. Anyway we had an awesome time. Spencer hadn't been to Moab since he was a toddler and Monika had never been. We hiked to Delicate Arch and I think both the kids were totally amazed at how big it is up close.
Spencer holding Delicate Arch on his shoulder. I didn't get any pictures of Spencer's first mountain biking experience but I know he had a really good time and I'm grateful for Brett and James for taking it easy on him.
There is a giant sand hill just outside of Arches National Park that the kids wanted to play on. This was the last place we adventured before heading home. The kids had a blast climbing up and then running and rolling down. I have to say my legs were burning climbing to the top through all the sand but it was worth it.

We stayed in an awesome condo with the Dayley's and next door to the rest of the gang. We enjoyed great food, games, conversation, pool and hot tub. Thanks to everyone (Greg, Natalie, James, Kim, Blake, Alison, BD, Julie, Lance and Marissa) for including us on this trip. We had an awesome time and can't wait for more adventures over the summer.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Looks like fun! I feel like I haven't seen Spencer in forever. I miss him. Hopefully he'll be around next time we are up. We need to take a trip to Moab. It's gorgeous.

Austin Family said...

I love the photo of Spencer with the Arch on his shoulder!! Good to see a new post. Miss ya, and hope to see you soon.

Tiffany Johnson said...

I'm so glad you guys take your kids out to do such fun stuff. I remember going to do all kinds of stuff as a kid on weekends and those are some of the BEST childhood memories.