Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Valentines Box

So many of you may remember the importance of the "Valentine's Box" in Elementary school. Every year students are asked to make a box and home and bring it to school to collect all their goodies and love letters. Well this year Brett and Monika worked together to make her box. It is always nice to see the two of them working together to complete a project. They cut pictures and words from magazines and pasted them on a box that Monika had covered in tinfoil. Monika created a design for each side of the box and then Brett pased them onto her box.

As you can see it turned out quite cute and creative; if I do say so myself. I think they were both very proud of their work and I was just content to take pictures of two of my favorite people working together.
Last but not least I have to show you the beautiful flowers that Brett surprised me with. They were delivered to my office while I was out on a visit. I wasn't even going to go back to the office but at the last minute decided to run back in there and make sure I didn't have any urgent phone calls to return. As you can imagine, I was completely thrilled to find a beautiful bouqet of purple flowers (Brett's favorite color) waiting for me on my desk. What can I say, I love that man!


4 comments:

The Staheli's said...

How sweet! Those flowers are so pretty! What a fun surprise. Looks like she made a killer box. I loved Valentines Day as a kid!
She made some friends here over the weekend. Did she tell you she had a sleepover with the girls upstairs? It cracks me up how she just makes friends wherever she goes. It's great!

Tiffany Johnson said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Nate and I were actually talking over the weekend about those boxes or envelopes we use to make as kids for V-Day! So fun!

Manolakis Family said...

Love the flowers and how fun for the two of them to make the box together - hope you had fun in Vegas! Can't wait to see those pics.

Holly said...

Wasn't it just the other day you mentioned you had never gotten flowers??? YAHOO!!!!!!