Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Beginnings

Ok, I will try to keep this brief. I have been really bad over the past few months at updating the blog. It's not that we haven't done anything, quite the opposite in fact but I think I have a motivation problem. I get these random thoughts and ideas for things I would like to blog about but just don't ever sit down and do it. After reading through Jessica's most recent post on funny events in 2008, Kim's posts on the Holiday Season and Nick's accident, and Tiffany's posts on the kids and some of the health issues they have been dealing with I am reminded of why I started my blog in the first place. It's not fair for me to just look into other peoples lives without being able to share at least a little of mine. I want my blog to be an honest look at what goes on in our lives but sometimes honesty is hard when you are allowing people to look into your world. Some of you may know that I said that I don't make New Year's resolutions so that I don't have anything to fail. That statement is still true, while at the same time I am committing to do better with the blog and allow each of you an honest look into our lives. The good, the bad and the ugly. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Holly said...

I hear ya. I havent updated since November. So good luck and I hope to follow your direction.

Austin Family said...

Well said. I feel the same way about the honesty part... It is really hard to write about the hard times, the blah times, and definitely the ugly times. There are so many things that pop into my head... topics to purge about that aren't necessarily nice to look at! Anyway, good luck to you and wish me luck too!

Tiffany Johnson said...

YAY!!!!!!! I'm so excited. I get so sick of those few seconds that I take to look at your blog and see NOTHING! hahah.. just kidding. Good luck!