Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wednesday Night Update

Two weeks ago way my 35th birthday so Wednesday=Family Night+ my birthday= Tubing at Soldier Hollow. It was Brett, me, Spencer, Monika, Tauni, Jordan, Raven, Brett's mom, and my mom & dad. There were no lines and "most" of us had a really awesome time.

This is the entire gang warming up after a cold night on the hills.




Mary Ann (Brett's mom) is always up for fun adventures like this.

A rare photo of Spencer and Monika together.


My mom and dad

I'm all bundled up like an Eskimo

Brett and Monika bundled up to stay warm

This was a really fun way to spend my birthday and family night. Thanks to everyone who came with us.
Last week, Family night=Build your own super nachos and root beer floats

The boys and their Nachos. I would love to say that Brett ate all those by himself but we actually shared.... and I think I ate more than he did.


Overall, Wednesday=Family Night+? has turned out pretty well the past couple of weeks so keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted.

10 comments:

Austin Family said...

That sounds like fun! I didn't know your parents and Hardguy's parents had met! That is so cool. I am glad you had a nice birthday girl.

Rob and Meish said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day!

Manolakis Family said...

We need to try that tubing site out... I think you remind me of that everytime I see how much fun you have! I love your family night ideas - looks like you are having fun and it is now Thursday so don't leave us in suspense wondering how last night went.

The Staheli's said...

Sounds like your birthday/Family Night was a success. Tubing last year was way fun up there...but SOOOO cold! I want to take Justin sometime since he couldn't come when we went.
Anyway, glad your Wednesday nights are going pretty well. I'm kind of craving a root beer float now. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want to come to family night, it looks fun. Also,your parents look so young!

Anonymous said...

Ya, Scott and Valerie look fantastic!!! Glad your family nights are still happening. You are great to keep with it. Most would have given up or never started at all. Keep us update on new and upcoming family night events. Sure wish I ha Lucy full time to scheule a family night like this. I guess when we get her every other weekend its family weekend. She is young and easy to please.

Tiffany Johnson said...

looks like you guys had a great time! I'm glad you had a good birthday! I am going with the young women in my ward for an activity at soldier hollow.. I might need to borrow some warm gear. I have none! :-)

Carmen said...

I think it's great that you guys are doing the Family Night thing. You know that never goes well with teenagers, but I PROMISE you they will be grateful for it later. I don't know if I ever told you, but I asked Monika a while back to tell me something good about you and she said, "I like the fact that she tries hard to have us spend time together and feel like a family". They pretend they hate it, but deep down they are grateful. You are a great mom and they are great kids! Enjoy family night and keep it up! It will pay off.

Shan said...

I want an update Rash! BLOGS PLEASE!!!! LOL

White said...

Looks like fun love you