Friday, January 18, 2008

Flashback Friday

Since it seems like everyone enjoys flashback friday(at least I do) I figured I would join in the fun. As I mentioned before, Brett and I met just over 4 years ago on a fabulous trip to Lake Powell. I was invited by Natalie and decided that it would be a worthwhile reason to take a couple of days off of school. Some people were able to go down for an entire week while others came for 4 or 5 days. The whole vacation was one big party. We had great food, free-flowing drinks, swimming, sunbathing, cliff diving, wake-boarding, campfires, birthdays, etc. You name it, we did it. It's crazy for me to look back and see how much has changed. Kim and James had only been dating for a few months, Natalie and Greg weren't married yet, Holly was married but as crazy as ever, Blake and Alison had only been married for a few weeks, I was in my first semester of school and the only one with kids.


Although we've all had a lot of changes in our lives over the past few years I love the fact that we have all remained close friends. With weddings, babies, graduating from college, new jobs, more babies, Masters Degrees, step children, engagements, and more babies we can look back and remember how fun it was back when and look forward to making new memories together

Although another Lake Powell trip like that one is probably out of the question, it will be exciting to get down there again, this time with spouses, babies, teenagers (yikes) but most of all good friends.

9 comments:

Manolakis Family said...

You Sucker! I have been waiting to post the Lake Powell flash back.... okay I probably still will in a few months hoping to inspire a great 2008 trip. Love the post - great memories and more babies!

This is Us said...

I think you should try to inspire a trip and maybe if we all take turns posting Lake Powell flashbacks it will get everyone in the mood to head down there this summer. Now that you guys have your boat..... it might make it easier.

Austin Family said...

Let's do it!! I will talk with my dad and see if 3rd week in september is still on... If it doesn't work out with his houseboat, it may be worth renting our own. How bout it?

The Staheli's said...

Look how blonde you were! Wow! :)
Looks like a fun trip! I want to go on a vacation!!!

Holly said...

I don't seem to own 1 single Poell Pic. THAT WAS AN AWESOME TRIP!

Tiffany Johnson said...

I always knew you were super smart! :-) I knew you thought it was a girl!

Tiffany Johnson said...

Hey girl.. I just read your post again. Great job on painting such a fun picture of memories. Sounds fun. Sometimes I wish I had done more friend trips like that. Hey, I also am going to call or text you, but I wanted to let you know that I'm going to be making a Mary Kay order here in a bit if you want anything. Probably within the next week or so. Let me know!!

The Staheli's said...

SO...I was cleaning the house, while listening to the music on your page. It got to the "touch me" song...and I couldn't help but BUST UP laughing! Where in the WORLD did that song come from! HAHAHAHA!

Manolakis Family said...

You are tagged, check out my tagged posting on my blog for details.